Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2008/05/11 22:25:44 UTC

Major problems trying to release doxia 1.0-alpha-11

Hi all

After about a gazillion attempts I was finally able to get 'mvn
release:prepare' to actually check in the changed POMs.

For some reason release:prepare fails because one of the artifacts being
release is not available in any repo, which it shouldn't be yet - I'm
only preparing the release.

I got lots and lots of these messages before the build failed:
"[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation."
This is mentioned in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-161 which
is included in version 2.4 of the javadoc-plugin. But using 2.4 didn't
solve the issue. Neither did going back to 2.2.

Going back to using Maven 2.0.7 this error was ignored and the
preparation was able to continue. But using 2.0.8 or 2.0.9 the build
simply stopped. This do seem like the correct thing to do, but why is
the build failing in the first place?

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going wrong here?

The relevant portion of the log:

    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Doxia :: Confluence Module
    [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, integration-test]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] [clean:clean]
    [INFO] Deleting directory
G:\apache\maven\branches\doxia-1.0-alpha-x\doxia-modules\doxia-module-confluence\target
    [INFO] Deleting directory
G:\apache\maven\branches\doxia-1.0-alpha-x\doxia-modules\doxia-module-confluence\target\classes
    [INFO] Deleting directory
G:\apache\maven\branches\doxia-1.0-alpha-x\doxia-modules\doxia-module-confluence\target\test-classes
    [INFO] Deleting directory
G:\apache\maven\branches\doxia-1.0-alpha-x\doxia-modules\doxia-module-confluence\target\site
    [INFO] [plexus:descriptor {execution: default}]
    [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
    [INFO] [resources:resources]
    [INFO] [compiler:compile]
    [INFO] Compiling 31 source files to
G:\apache\maven\branches\doxia-1.0-alpha-x\doxia-modules\doxia-module-confluence\target\clas
es
    [INFO] [resources:testResources]
    Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-core/1.0-alpha-11/doxia-core-1.0-alpha-11-tests.jar
    [INFO]
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

    Missing:
    ----------
    1) org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-core:jar:tests:1.0-alpha-11

      Then, install it using the command:
          mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.doxia
-DartifactId=doxia-core \
              -Dversion=1.0-alpha-11 -Dclassifier=tests -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file
    Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.
aven.doxia -DartifactId=doxia-core \
              -Dversion=1.0-alpha-11 -Dclassifier=tests -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file \
               -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

      Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-module-confluence:jar:1.0-alpha-11
        2) org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-core:jar:tests:1.0-alpha-11

    ----------
    1 required artifact is missing.

    for artifact:
      org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-module-confluence:jar:1.0-alpha-11

    from the specified remote repositories:
      apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

    [INFO]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Total time: 17 seconds
    [INFO] Finished at: Sun May 11 22:03:27 CEST 2008
    [INFO] Final Memory: 23M/47M
    [INFO]

Re: Major problems trying to release doxia 1.0-alpha-11

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I don't think any current version of Maven 2.0.x recognises attached
artifacts in the reactor, so since one has been added to the build,
you'll need to change the preparation goals to "clean install".

Cheers,
Brett

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org