Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Steve Baillargeon <st...@ericsson.com> on 2017/11/07 21:35:05 UTC

Implementation Artifact Override

Hi
Does ARIA support the ability to override an implementation artifact that is already been specified in the node type?
For instance:

node_types:
  aria.openstack.nodes.Server:
    derived_from: tosca.nodes.Compute
    interfaces:
      Standard:
        create:
          implementation: cloudify-openstack-plugin > nova_plugin.server.create

topology_template:
  node_templates:
    fortigate_vnf:
      type: aria.openstack.nodes.Server
      interfaces:
        Standard:
          create:
            implementation: my_script.py

Regards
Steve Baillargeon

Re: Implementation Artifact Override

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co>.
Yes.

My understanding is that artifacts are not an important part of the
object-oriented contract, but are instead "attachments" to nodes.
Supporting this is that the same definition format appears in both node
templates and node types. In a way, putting the artifact definition in the
node type is thus just setting a default value for it.

So ARIA, for now, let's you override them freely.