Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lou Farho <lo...@certes-solutions.com> on 2001/09/06 17:11:05 UTC

Line of Code Counter?

Can anyone point me to a good utility for performing line of code counter
for Java and C++?
The counter needs to count statements.

Thanks!
Lou

Re: Line of Code Counter?

Posted by John Raley <jo...@moonlight.com>.
Off-topic, but I just learned some awk...

 >awk '/;[:blank:]*/ { count++ } /(if|for|while|switch).*\(/ { count++ }
END { print count; }' `find . -name \*.java`

This should get reasonably close.  awk exists for Windows but I don't
know what the equivalent of find is.  Probably faster to install Linux
on your box! :^)

RE: Line of Code Counter?

Posted by Flying Cloud <fl...@prodigy.net>.
http://www.dwheeler.com/sloccount/

This is the home page of ``SLOCCount'', a set of tools for counting physical
Source Lines of Code (SLOC)

-Sandra
scann@jcorporate.com