Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Benjamin Papez <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/04 10:09:27 UTC

Excerpt and spellcheck with SQL-2

Hello,

we are on Jackrabbit 2.4.2 and still use the deprecated XPATH for the
fulltext search over the whole site. We wanted to change this to use
SQL-2, but found that the SQL-2 implementation is still missing the
excerpt/highlighting and the spellchecker support, which is available in
SQL and XPATH.  Did someone already succeed in having that features for
SQL-2 with some custom development ?

Even if these features are not part of the JCR 2.0 spec for SQL-2,
wouldn't it be useful to have them available also for the SQL-2 engine
in Jackrabbit ? If it is useful for Jackrabbit we may decide to work on
a patch for that.

Would it be ok to keep the same syntax for it as with SQL (select
excerpt(.) ...  respectively  select rep:spellcheck() ... ) and then to use:

row.getValue("rep:excerpt(.)")

respectively

row.getValue("rep:spellcheck()");

Besides the problem that SQL-2 now allows for joins are there any other
obstacles to implement this feature for SQL-2 ?

Regards,
Benjamin