Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2011/06/18 06:12:45 UTC

RE: eol-style (Re: Podling website) - Plus Mime types

I've already updated the config for my SVN client.

I'm yet to upload anything to make sure it all works.

It would probably be useful, for us, to add the MIME Types for the OpenDocument Format extensions too.

### Registered MIME Types for OpenDocument Format Documents (as of 2011-06-17)
#
*.odt = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
*.ott = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template
*.odg = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics
*.otg = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics-template
*.odp = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation
*.otp = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation-template
*.ods = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet
*.ots = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template
*.odc = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart
*.otc = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart-template
*.odi = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.image
*.oti = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.image-template
*.odf = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula
*.otf = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula-template
*.odm = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master
#
# *.oth = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web
# There is no text template for HTML documents in the OASIS OpenDocument
# specifications although the MIME type has been registered and it is
# used by *Office.org Writer/Web software.
#
*.odb = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.base
# *.odb = svn:mime-type=x-application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.base
# The first two are specified in the OASIS ODF 1.2 Committee Specification 01
# with the second recommended until the registration of the first occurs.
# The first is used in *Office.org Base documents already.
# The MIME type below was registered on 2009-04-07
# *.odb = svn:mime-type=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database
#

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Right.  It is on Add that these settings are effective and very useful.  I was doing it by hand before I learned about config on another project.

 1. The eol business is needed with regard to text types and differences between platform handling of CR and LF codes, and the current additions seem to have that covered.

 2. The mime types matter when someone accesses a file directly from SVN in their browser.  (It might matter to SVN too, although I assume the default assumption for non-text is application/octet or whatever the binary blog is.)

 3. I also think that it might be possible to set parameters on given MIME types.  I know there are other places in SVN were it doesn't/didn't work (because ";" is treated as end of an item).

 4. I like to specify a UTF-8 parameter on text types, especially the text/xml and text/html documents that are otherwise expected to be in ASCII or some other single-byte encoding. I must test that in config.  It is very handy.  This also matters in DIFF depending on how it works.

 - Dennis

Note: this just helps with the initial addition of files. Subversion
doesn't require that everybody sets up their configuration this way.
If somebody does set a mime type... fine, another person can.
Subversion won't do anything to the file in the interim :-P

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.