Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Michael Kohout <Mi...@csu.mnscu.edu> on 2006/04/24 21:17:50 UTC

problem with rendering template when cookies are turned off

Hi-

I've got a Spring based web application that uses Velocity as it's
template system and the application works wonderfully-so long as cookies
are turned on.  If not, I can't even get the login page of my
application.

Through debugging, I can tell I've got a session from within my spring
code, but I think I loose it when spring forwards to a view.  I think.
Does anyone know what I could be missing, or even have a guess?

Thanks
Mike Kohout

Re: problem with rendering template when cookies are turned off

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

when cookies are turned off the session jsessionid has to be encoded in all
your form action URL and achor tag href URLs.

You will need to go through all your UI code and make sure this is
done.  The response object has an encodeURL() method to do this.

regards Malcolm Edgar