Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ashika Umanga Umagiliya <um...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/31 03:27:26 UTC

Kafka Connect JDBC Connector | Closing JDBC Connection after each poll()

We are going to use use Kafka Connect JDBC Source Connector to ingest data from Oracle Databases.
We have one Kafka JDBC Connector per one Oracle Db.
Looking at the JDBC Connector implementation ,if we have N number of maxTasks per Connector, there will be N number of JDBC Connections to the server.
These connections are kept alive and will not be closed after each poll().
Our DB Admins has strict conditions about number of live connections to the db servers.Because of this we are thinking about closing the JDBC Connection after each poll() since our poll times are usually 10 mins or more.
Is this supported natively by JDBC Connector or do we have to do a patch?