Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by David Klosowski <da...@thinknear.com> on 2017/09/22 17:54:28 UTC

DAGs not running

Hey Airflow Devs:

We noticed an issue with task instances not running sometimes.

Some interesting details are:
> in the database it shows that specific tasks that are "stuck" have an
end_date but no state (null state)
> Airflow has been running for several days just fine and there were no
changes to Airflow in that period.
> it happened for two separate important tasks for us at the same time

We're running:
> Airflow 1.8.0 with a Postgres backend
> Celery with Redis backed by Postgres result_backend
> 3 worker hosts and 1 scheduler host

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or advice.  Going to look
through the code to see if I can see where/how this might be happening, but
any suggestions or well known issues that might point to the problem might
be helpful.

Thanks.

Regards,
David

Re: DAGs not running

Posted by David Klosowski <da...@thinknear.com>.
Thanks Bolke,

That's good to know.  We were looking into upgrading, so this gives us more
motivation ;-)

Cheers,
David

Re: DAGs not running