Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by amansharma112 <am...@ksharma.co.uk> on 2020/01/03 16:16:03 UTC

Remoteapp using Guacamole- Blank screen

Hi Team

Happy New Year- Hope all is well.

I wanted to seek some advice around the Guacamole server.

I have a server that is up and running for remote app deployment.

I have an RDS Farm setup which consists of four virtual machines running
Windows Server 2016, I have Session host role installed on three machines
and AD, connection broker. licensing manager, RDS Gateway/Web access on the
fourth machine.

I am having connectivity issues whereas when I logged in as a user- I get a
blank screen, I see a mouse cursor but that is about it.

I have tried using load balancing cookie info as I have my session hosts
behind CB but no luck.

Please, could you guys advise me?

Thanks
Aman

Re: Remoteapp using Guacamole- Blank screen

Posted by amansharma112 <am...@ksharma.co.uk>.
Hi Mike

Sure, I will give this one try.

Thank you for responding.

Have a good day ahead

Re: Remoteapp using Guacamole- Blank screen

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 8:06 AM amansharma112 <am...@ksharma.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Team
>
> Happy New Year- Hope all is well.
>
> I wanted to seek some advice around the Guacamole server.
>
> I have a server that is up and running for remote app deployment.
>
> I have an RDS Farm setup which consists of four virtual machines running
> Windows Server 2016, I have Session host role installed on three machines
> and AD, connection broker. licensing manager, RDS Gateway/Web access on the
> fourth machine.
>
> I am having connectivity issues whereas when I logged in as a user- I get a
> blank screen, I see a mouse cursor but that is about it.
>
> I have tried using load balancing cookie info as I have my session hosts
> behind CB but no luck.
>
> Please, could you guys advise me?

Please try a build of the WIP branch adding FreeRDP 2.0.0 support and see
whether that solves things:

https://github.com/mike-jumper/guacamole-server/tree/WIP-freerdp-migrate-2.x

I recently tested RemoteApp against the above as part of my regression
testing of these changes, and all worked absolutely fine. If you could
confirm the same, then that would be one less thing to worry about. I've
heard of similar issues with RemoteApp before, but no one that works on the
code has ever been able to reproduce the problem.

- Mike