Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2003/09/05 12:26:57 UTC

Using Flow Debugger

I'm struggling with debugging a flowscript. I'd like to use the Rhino
debugger. I've seen the wiki page, and uncommented the <debugger/> node
in cocoon.xconf.

How does the debugger get invoked? Am I supposed to start it, and have
it connect to Tomcat? Does it automatically start? I'm confused. I can't
see anything suggesting how to actually start it.

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks in advance,

Upayavira

Re: Using Flow Debugger

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@wlkp.org>.
On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 06:00:39AM -0700, Timothy Larson wrote:
> I hit this problem when running Jetty as a Windows service.
> Running it as a normal application allowed the flow debugger
> to work correctly.
> There is a config setting for windows services that controls
> whether they can be interactive or not.  I only know how it
> is set with the Java Service Wrapper.. it calls the setting
> "wrapper.ntservice.interactive".  If you are running Tomcat
> as a service, perhaps this will help you find the interactive
> setting to turn it on.
In W2k there is a checkbox on service's property page to turn on the
interacting-with-desktop feature. This is not the case of the wrapper.
	LG
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

Re: Using Flow Debugger

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Timothy Larson wrote:

>I hit this problem when running Jetty as a Windows service.
>Running it as a normal application allowed the flow debugger
>to work correctly.
>There is a config setting for windows services that controls
>whether they can be interactive or not.  I only know how it
>is set with the Java Service Wrapper.. it calls the setting
>"wrapper.ntservice.interactive".  If you are running Tomcat
>as a service, perhaps this will help you find the interactive
>setting to turn it on.

You're a hero. Thanks for that. I'm now off to the Wiki to add a note...

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Using Flow Debugger

Posted by Timothy Larson <ti...@yahoo.com>.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: Using Flow Debugger

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Re: Using Flow Debugger

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> The flow debugger starts automatically if you call a flowscript.
>>

> I've enabled it (with <debugger>enabled</debugger), restarted tomcat,
> then reload my page, and the page just hangs.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards, Upayavira

Are you running Cocoon on a remote host? Is the remote host allowed to
open a window on your workstation? (Hint: if you're using X11, set the
DISPLAY env. var.).

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it

Re: Using Flow Debugger