Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by jinxing <ji...@126.com> on 2015/09/08 11:52:05 UTC

kafka callback issuekk

hi, all

im testing kafka-0.8.2.0 using ASYNC producer;

I have two processes, each process have 20 threads to send messages, the testing time is 10 seconds;

the message is random UUID;

the result is as below:

I called "producer.send(producerRecord, callback)" 2200191 times;
the "callback" is called 1624178 times;
I use bin/kafka-consumer-offset-checker.sh and find that log size increased by 1648994;

it seems:         sendTimes>logSizeIncrease>callbacks

Is it reasonable?

I mean from the client, producer got no error or exception, but the message failed to be appended to the kafka queue?

Jin