Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Stearman <Pa...@AMT-Sybex.com> on 2001/10/11 15:25:29 UTC

A novice to it all

I am trying to get Tomcat and Apache working together.  I am using Tomcat
3.2.3, Apache 1.3 and JDK 1.3.

Each application works independently of the other but when trying to work
together i get the following error:
[jk_connect.c (143)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 61
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (174)]: In jk_endpoint_t::connect_to_tomcat, failed errno
= 61
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (587)]: Error connecting to the Tomcat process.
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (335)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::uri_worker_map_close, NULL
parameter
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (185)]: In jk_uri_worker_map_t::uri_worker_map_free,
NULL parameters

All my ports tie up but i still get the error.  Any ideas?

The second question is (and this is already being discussed so feel free to
ignore it)...My web application is made entirely of JSP and JavaBeans.
There are not html pages.  Do i need to use Apache or not?

Thanks

Paul Stearman
DISCLAIMER

1. The information contained in this E-mail is confidential.
   It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access
   to it by any other person is unauthorised.
   If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
   circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information
   contained in this E-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.
   If you have received this E-mail in error, please inform us
   immediately and delete it and all copies from your system.

2. The views expressed in this E-mail are those of the author,
    and do not represent the views of AMT-Sybex Group Ltd., its
    associates or subsidiaries, unless otherwise expressly indicated.
    In the avoidance of doubt, the insertion of the name of AMT-Sybex
    Group Ltd., its associate or subsidiary under the name of the sender
    may constitute an express indication that the views stated in the Mail
    are those of the named company.

For more information on the AMT Sybex group visit: http://www.amt-sybex.com