Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fabien GARZIANO <fa...@caliseo.com> on 2006/10/06 13:56:16 UTC

Low spam score but marqued as spam

Hi folks,

I'm in trouble with 1 particular mail and in front of a strange problem.
I got a mail which my spamassassin score 1.5 (the score limit before
spam is identified is 5.2) but it tag it like spam anyway

SpamAssassin version 3.0.5
  running on Perl version 5.8.6

I can't find anything in the previous mails in here. And google give
nothing.
Anyone got an idea ?

--

F a b i e n   G a r z i a n o

Re: Low spam score but marqued as spam

Posted by Anthony Peacock <a....@chime.ucl.ac.uk>.
Hi,

François Rousseau wrote:
> I don't know MailScanner but maybe because they have found the adress in a
> XBL list?

Yes, MailScanner can be configured to do the RBL lookups itself and to
mark messages on that basis (this is regardless of the SA score).

This can be configured on the MailScanner.conf file:

# If a message appears in at least this number of "Spam Lists" (as defined
# above), then the message will be treated as spam and so the "Spam
# Actions" will happen, unless the message reaches the levels for "High
# Scoring Spam". By default this is set to 1 to mimic the previous
# behaviour, which means that appearing in any "Spam Lists" will cause
# the message to be treated as spam.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam Lists To Be Spam = 1

Personally I turn this off and let SA do its scoring.  The MailScanner
settings are a little too cut and dried for my taste.  If I was to trust
a RBL that much I would use it at SMTP time anyway.

--
Anthony Peacock
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples

Re: Low spam score but marqued as spam

Posted by François Rousseau <fr...@gmail.com>.