Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ruben de Vries <ru...@hyves.nl> on 2012/07/02 11:10:23 UTC

Load data throws exception, cant figure it out

Hey Guys,

I've been playing with Hive for a while now but somehow I run into this error all of a sudden when setting up my production cluster.

$ hive  -e 'LOAD DATA INPATH "/tmp/members_map_2012-06-30.map" OVERWRITE INTO TABLE members_map_full;'
Moved to trash: hdfs://hadoop-nn.internal:9000/user/hive/warehouse/hyves_goldmine.db/members_map_full
Failed with exception Clear request failed : DELETE FROM `TABLE_PARAMS` WHERE `TBL_ID` = ?
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

It seems to be some problem with the mysql metastore, but the privelages seem to be fine (I can run that query manually np).

Anyone has an idea what could be wrong or what steps I could take to find out what is wrong?

RE: Load data throws exception, cant figure it out