Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by di...@covalent.net on 2002/07/11 22:31:00 UTC

More recent ./configure entertainment

Hmm - on MacOSX 10.1.5 - one for the autoconf experts..

	cvs co apr; cd apr
	./configure
	checking for mmap that can map /dev/zero... no
	decision on anonymous shared memory allocation method... 4.4BSD-style
	mmap() via MAP_ANON
	decision on namebased memory allocation method... SysV IPC shmget()
	checking for calloc... yes
	make && make install

==>	all happy

but:
	$ cvs co httpd-2.0
	$ cd srclib
	$ cvs co apr apr-util
	$ ./configure
	Cecking for os2.h... no
	/Users/dirkx/ORA/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr/configure:Error: decision on
		anonymous shared memory allocation method failed
	srclib/apr configured properly
	./configure: no such file or directory: ./srclib/apr/apr-config [2057]
	./configure: no such file or director

And the above can be reproduced by doing a 'cat config.log in the above
to see how the httpd-2.0 configure starts the apr configure:

	$ cvs co apr
	$ cd apr
	$ prefix=/foo /bar/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr/configure
	  --prefix=/foo --enable-auth-dbm --enable-auth-anon
	  --enable-access-dbm --enable-auth-digest
	  --enable-maintainer-mode --cache-file=/dev/null
	  --srcdir=/bar/httpd-2.0/apr --prefix=/foo
	  --exec-prefix=/foo --libdir=${prefix}/lib
          --includedir=/foo/include
	  --bindir=${prefix}/bin
	  --datadir=/foo
          --with-installbuilddir=${prefix}/build

So questions about the above; is it worrysome that we have --prefix in
there twice. And secondly that some still are ${prefix} i.e. not
substituted ? And finally - anything obviously wrong ?

Dw

Re: More recent ./configure entertainment

Posted by di...@covalent.net.
> Dirk, I build APR/HTTPD on a daily basis with 10.1.5 and never saw the
> problem you mentioned. I bet you're using the (screwed up) version of
> AutoConf/AutoMake coming with the developer tools... I had to patch that one
> as well...

Neither did I - until the day before yesterday and today ;-(

.. but I've been using the same homebuild glibtool(ize)  and homebuild
autoconf since march with a little pach for the two level namespace thing.

Perhaps time to do an update on everything to a recent version and do a
fresh checkout. The only change I can find in the last three date is an
update of sed and perl.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
dirkx@covalent.net <di...@covalent.net> wrote:

> So questions about the above; is it worrysome that we have --prefix in
> there twice. And secondly that some still are ${prefix} i.e. not
> substituted ? And finally - anything obviously wrong ?

Dirk, I build APR/HTTPD on a daily basis with 10.1.5 and never saw the
problem you mentioned. I bet you're using the (screwed up) version of
AutoConf/AutoMake coming with the developer tools... I had to patch that one
as well...

    Pier

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion of different
sublanguages in  one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C with