Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Peter Mahoney <pm...@digitalbrain.com> on 2005/10/06 16:51:13 UTC

Using javascript components behind a proxy container

I am looking to start using some of the javascript components like
inputDate and the schedule, but have come up with a problem caused by
our use of JSF conflicting with the way that AddResource constructs the
path to the javascript resources.

The current setup is:
A user will see applications using URLs in the format of:
http://www.x.com/a/b/c/test?page=start.
This calls the proxy to then pass on the request to URLs such as:
http://tomcat:8080/application/app?page=start
This calls a servlet which sits in front of the JSF application and
forwards the request on to:     http://tomcat:8080/application/start.faces

(The servlet exists to allow a single path to be mapped on to every page
- a requirement of the proxy)

Up until now this has worked successfully by using a custom
implementation of the form renderer to convert the
"/application/start.faces" format action URLs to
"http://www.x.com/a/b/c/test?page=start". However AddResource places
URLs in the page of the format "/application/faces/...". AddResource,
does not seem to be a pluggable class and I really don't want to have to
patch and build each new release with a customised version. The only
other way I can think of solving this is via a filter to parse the
response and rewrite all URLs, but this is neither efficient or elegant.

I would be grateful for any guidance on this.

Peter