Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/25 10:05:45 UTC

no tags in svn repository

Hi all,

When doing some tests pre-/post-mochiweb about http/1.0 compatibility
I noticed there are no tags about these versions (the same with other
"major" changes). Which is pretty annoying since it's difficult to
find the right revision number to use in a shared svn repository .
Would be fine in the future to tags  the current version when doing
major changes, these until a release happen. Another possibility would
be a changelog. What do you think about it ?

- benoƮt

Re: no tags in svn repository

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
On 25.04.2008, at 03:05, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> When doing some tests pre-/post-mochiweb about http/1.0 compatibility
> I noticed there are no tags about these versions (the same with other
> "major" changes). Which is pretty annoying since it's difficult to
> find the right revision number to use in a shared svn repository .
> Would be fine in the future to tags  the current version when doing
> major changes, these until a release happen. Another possibility would
> be a changelog. What do you think about it ?

Does `svn log` not work for this?

We could add pre-merge tags, but IMHO those are mostly a leftover from
the CVS days, and not really necessary with SVN.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de