Posted to user@flink.apache.org by simpleusr <ce...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/15 05:15:50 UTC

Window elements for certain period for delayed processing

Hi,

My ultimate requirement is to stop processing of certain events between
00:00:00 and 01:00:00 for each day (Time is in HH:mm:SS format).

I am flink newbie and I thought only option to delay elements is to collect
them in a window between 00:00:00 and 01:00:00 for each day.

TumblingEventTimeWindows for one hour seems the possible candidate but as I
understand this window will be present for all times, i.e (startTime,
startTime+1hour), (startTime+1hour, startTime+2hour), (startTime+2hour,
startTime+3hour)...

How will it be possible to start a window at 00:00:00 each day and stop the
window at 01:00:00?

Or is there any other option to keep elements in the job between 00:00:00
and 01:00:00 and then start to process them after 01:00:00?

Best regards

Re: Window elements for certain period for delayed processing

Posted by simpleusr <ce...@gmail.com>.
Many Thanks Fabian

I will start to investigate ProcessFunction

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I would not use a window for that.
Implementing the logic with a ProcessFunction seems more straight-forward.
The function simply collects all events between 00:00 and 01:00 in a
ListState and emits them when the time passes 01:00.
All other records are simply forwarded.

Best, Fabian

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.
Hi, simpleusr