Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by bing <JS...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/24 09:27:28 UTC

Tika language API (since Solr3.5.0) integrated into Solr3.3.0?

Hi, all,

I have been deploying Solr3.5.0 and using
org.apache.solr.update.processor.TikaLanguageIdentifierUpdateProcessorFactory
and LangDetectLanguageIdentifierUpdateProcessorFactory to do language
detection, and they are cool. They are both active since Solr3.5.0.

An issue: if I deploy Solr3.3.0, is it possible to the factories in
Solr3.5.0 be integrated into Solr3.3.0?

Why I stick on Solr3.3.0? The reason is, I am working on Dspace (discovery)
to invoke solr index/query, and for now the highest version of Solr can be
upgraded to is 3.3.0.

Does any one happen to know certain way to solve this? Or any relevant
branches going on?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Bing