Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/05 20:01:56 UTC

Backing up from raw data files

We recently upgraded from CDH4 to CDH5, hbase included. We backed up
our HBase table directories beforehand. The upgrade didnt go as
smoothly as we anticipated and we had to blow away our HBase node in
ZK. Upon restarting it didn't look like HBase was able to read
anything. We ended up blowing out our whole HBase data directory to
get everything back up and running. Now we are tying to figure out how
we can use these data files to recover existing records. Is this
possible and if so, how?

Thanks