Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jerry Ye <je...@adsymptotic.com> on 2011/12/17 01:43:23 UTC

Pointing to a different version of Pig

Hi,
I'm trying to use Pig 0.9.1 in a workflow but Oozie keeps reverting to Pig 0.8.  I tried replacing the pig jar in  hdfs:///user/oozie/share/lib and it only gave me this error:

2011-12-17 00:18:04,722 ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt: ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. name

Is there a way to change Oozie to use other versions of Pig?

Thanks.

- jerry

Re: Pointing to a different version of Pig

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Adding to Alejandro comments:
If you add your specific pig jar into wf/lib directory that should override the default pig jar.
We have tested oozie 3.1.2 with pig 0.9. Any specific reason to use pig 0.9.1?
Regards,
Mohammad

Oozie sharelib includes a tested version of Pig.

What version Oozie are you using?

What error do you see in the MR launcher job logs for the Oozie Pig action?
That may give more info.

Thxs.

Alejandro

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.