Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by ma...@catbull.com on 2005/09/14 01:39:24 UTC

signing enveloped nodes

hello list,

I have to sign certain subnodes in a XML-document using java-xmlsec,
preferably via a Xpath-argument.
While I have no probs enveloped-signing the root-element of a XML
(utilising the CreateSignature.java in the samples-package), I have a
problem with Transforms.TRANSFORM_XPATH, since the digest seems to take
care of the xpath-expression, but not the content of the signed node.

Which is the way to go to to protect the content of a subnode?
Is it possible via XPath? My expression is something like
"//Layer0[Identification[.='foo']]" ... being no xpath-professional, the
problem could start here...

Should I add an ID-attribute to the Signature-tag and proceed the ID-way?

tia,
Marcus

"0x03: Keyboard not present. Press any key."