Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Fenlason, Josh" <jf...@ptc.com> on 2002/09/19 16:52:38 UTC

Problem getting latest Tomcat source

I'm trying to build Tomcat 4.1.11 from source.  I'm not getting the correct version of the jakarta-modules necassary to build.  I think I'm getting stuff from beyond 4.1.11.  I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help me with the correct command to check out tomcat 4.1.11 and the other modules necassary for building it.  I'm new to building Tomcat and cvs, so please be gentle.  Here's what I've done so far:
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout jakarta-tomcat-4.0 jakarta-tomcat-connectors jakarta-tomcat-jasper
Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.

Re: Problem getting latest Tomcat source

Posted by Jean-Francois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
You need to do

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout XXX

where XXX =
jakarta-tomcat-4.0
OR
jakarta-tomcat-connectors
OR
jakarta-tomcat-jasper

Not on the same line. If it doesn't work, one reason is you may be inside a firewall.

-- Jeanfrancois