Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by "Koelewijn, Denis" <De...@atosorigin.com> on 2006/04/27 08:28:03 UTC

signing multiple message parts; howto make it obligatory

Hi,

When signing is enabled, the Body is signed by default. I want to sign part of the header as well, so I added the following line in the .wsdd file of the server:

<parameter name="signatureParts" value="{}{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Body; {}{http://my.local.domein/file.xsd}AnElement" />

And I configured the client with this parameter as well. This works correctly and as I expected: the request message contains one SignedInfo element with two Reference elements, each with their own DigestValue element.

Then I change the client to sign the Body only, and leave the server to require both the body and the additional element to be signed. In contrast to what I expected, the server finds the messages from the client to be OK.

I would expect that server had rejected the second message, since I required the header element to be signed as well. Is this my misunderstanding, or is th software behaving incorrectly ?

Regards,

Denis Koelewijn