Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by liu brent <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/17 11:16:37 UTC

How to import ImmutableMap in quick start?

Hi,
  In http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/quickstart.html, there is a line:
   Map<String, List<KafkaMessageStream<Message>>> topicMessageStreams =
connector.createMessageStreams(ImmutableMap.of("test", 4));
  But I do not know how to import ImmutableMap. Do we need to a package?

Thanks,
Brent

Re: How to import ImmutableMap in quick start?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
That api is for scala users. If you are a java user,
use kafka.javaapi.consumer.ConsumerConnector instead.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
ImmutableMap is a google collections or Guava class. Any map will work.

-Jay