Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ar...@betasystems.com on 2005/03/16 15:17:54 UTC

mailer.py question, please help

Hi,

I'm trying to get mailer.py working on my Subversion 1.1.1 Installation for
/svn/repos.

I've copied the post-commit.tmpl as post-commit hook script under
/svn/repos/hooks directory and made it executable and it looks like this:

#bin/sh

REPOS="$1"
REV="$2"

/svn/repos/hooks/mailer.py commit "$REPOS" "$REV"
/svn/repos/hooks/mailer.conf

the mailer.py is owned by wwwrun.

My users are using https to access the repositoy and are authenticated over
their ldap accounts, they are not allowed to access the server as non-root
user.

even if I run:

/svn/repos/hooks/mailer.py    commit     /svn/repos    2
/svn/repos/hooks/mailer.conf

by the hand as root, I will become this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mailer.py", line 27, in ?
    import svn.fs
ImportError: No module named svn.fs

I've compiled svn with --with-swig and --enable-swig-bindings=python
switches.

Is that correct?
What's the svn.fs module?

Thanks for any help
Arash

Re: mailer.py question, please help

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
ark-d@betasystems.com wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./mailer.py", line 27, in ?
>    import svn.fs
> ImportError: No module named svn.fs
>

> I've compiled svn with --with-swig and --enable-swig-bindings=python
> switches.
>
> Is that correct?
> What's the svn.fs module?

You really ought to take a look at the INSTALL file.

Merely passing configure parameters does not, at the moment, actually build
the swig bindings.

You need to use extra make targets (see the INSTALL file for details).

Max.

Re: mailer.py question, please help

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
ark-d@betasystems.com wrote:
> Ronny,
>
> thanks, yes I did, but I got:
>
> subversion-1.1.3 #  make install-swig-py
> none  -python -I/tool/subversion-1.1.3/subversion/bindings/swig
> -I/tool/subversion-1.1.3/subversion/include -I -DSVN_SWIG_VERSION=
> -I/tool/subversion-1.1.3/apr/include  -I/tool/subversion-1.1.3
> /apr-util/include  -I/tool/subversion-1.1.3
> /subversion/bindings/swig/python/libsvn_swig_py -o
> subversion/bindings/swig/python/svn_client.c /tool/subversion-1.1.3
> /subversion/bindings/swig/svn_client.i
> make: none: Command not found
> make: *** [subversion/bindings/swig/python/svn_client.c] Error 127
>
> and also:
>
> make swig-py leads to same error.
>
> Is something wrong with my swig / python installation?

It's a rather pathetic error, but what subversion is trying to tell you is
that it didn't find swig during configure.

Max.

Re: mailer.py question, please help

Posted by ar...@betasystems.com.

Ronny,

thanks, yes I did, but I got:

subversion-1.1.3 #  make install-swig-py
none  -python -I/tool/subversion-1.1.3/subversion/bindings/swig
-I/tool/subversion-1.1.3/subversion/include -I -DSVN_SWIG_VERSION=
-I/tool/subversion-1.1.3/apr/include  -I/tool/subversion-1.1.3
/apr-util/include  -I/tool/subversion-1.1.3
/subversion/bindings/swig/python/libsvn_swig_py -o
subversion/bindings/swig/python/svn_client.c /tool/subversion-1.1.3
/subversion/bindings/swig/svn_client.i
make: none: Command not found
make: *** [subversion/bindings/swig/python/svn_client.c] Error 127

and also:

make swig-py leads to same error.

Is something wrong with my swig / python installation?

I have:

subversion-1.1.3 # python
Python 2.3.3 (#1, Jan  5 2005, 15:24:27)
[GCC 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)] on linux2

and swig 1.3.21-105.1 on sles9

any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Arash

             "Ronny T.
             Lampert"
             <telecaadmin@uni.                                          To
             de>                       ark-d@betasystems.com
                                                                        cc
             16.03.2005 16:31          users@subversion.tigris.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: mailer.py question, please help

>   File "./mailer.py", line 27, in ?
>     import svn.fs
> ImportError: No module named svn.fs
Looks like you are missing some python module ...

> I've compiled svn with --with-swig and --enable-swig-bindings=python
> switches.
.. which leads to the question, if you have done a
#> make install-swig-py

after compiling?

Cheers,
Ronny