Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Shen, Lei" <LS...@empirix.com> on 2004/10/31 16:28:42 UTC

how to update on tile only in struts

Hello All:

Maybe this is a dummy question, but I just can not figure out how to do it easily.

Let's say I have a Page_A consisted of 2 tiles (header and body).
Now, after you clicked the link in the body, I would like to take you to
Page_B (header and body).

I do not want to refresh the header and only want to update the body tile part.

If I use frames, I can set target frame, so that only the body frame will be updated.
How can I do the same thing with Struts and Tiles??  Does struts have a concept
for target tile?

Thanks
Lei

Re: how to update on tile only in struts

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.
You can extends TileAction rather than action

http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/tiles/actions/TilesAction.html

Mark

Posted by Eddie Bush <ea...@swbell.net>.
Using tiles does not create a frameset.  It only allows you to break the
physical page into logical fragments for the purpose of answering a request.
Because there is no physical seperation, you've got to render everything
instead of just the header, or just the body, or just the ... .

Does that help?

Eddie

Maybe this is a dummy question, but I just can not figure out how to do it
easily.

Let's say I have a Page_A consisted of 2 tiles (header and body).
Now, after you clicked the link in the body, I would like to take you to
Page_B (header and body).

I do not want to refresh the header and only want to update the body tile
part.

If I use frames, I can set target frame, so that only the body frame will be
updated.
How can I do the same thing with Struts and Tiles??  Does struts have a
concept
for target tile?

Thanks
Lei

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0444-3, 10/29/2004
Tested on: 10/31/2004 3:35:42 PM