Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com> on 2015/12/02 20:24:07 UTC

Karma granted

Hi Sergio and Cheng,

(cc'ing the dev list since this is useful information in general)
I have added both of you to the parquet ldap group.
That gives you write access to the repo.
Please open a pull request to add yourselves to this list:
https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/blob/master/dev/COMMITTERS.md
Some details on how to merge a PR here:
https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/blob/master/dev/README.md
Feel free to send feedback or improve those tools.
The process to merge a Pull Request is to have a committer (that includes
yourselves now!) review and give it a +1 and then merge it using
dev/merge_parquet_pr.py.
Please note that the tool will require the PR description to be prefixed by
the JIRA id. ex: "PARQUET-1234567: my awesome contribution"
If the contribution is coming from a committer, a +1 is expected from
another committer (feel free to nag people).

One does not need to be a committer to give a review, please encourage
others to give reviews too.
However a committer is required to commit! It is our responsibility as
committers to make sure contributions get committed or receive the
appropriate feedback so that they can be committed.

Typically things that change public APIs need a little more consensus than
things that don't. Use your best judgement!

Welcome again.

--
Julien

Re: Karma granted

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com>.
I see Sergio and Cheng have merged each other's pull request.
That creates a strong precedent that we should always nominate new
committers in even numbers.
;)

--
Julien