Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/02/22 23:48:17 UTC

Re: [Catalina] Confirmed: Classreloading Session Persistence doesn'twork with Turbine

on 2/22/01 2:42 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>
wrote:

> Not a problem ... I want this puppy to work.

So do I. :-)

> One quick question (that I'm sure will be answered when I look into this in
> detail) -- the log files show that it did the "Unload persistent sessions"
> stuff, but no actual sessions or attributes were listed.  Was that because
> there
> were none, or because you did not set the debugging detail level on the
> session
> manager up?
>
> <Context path="/scarab">
> <Manager debug="99"/>
> </Context>
>
> If this was not done in your tests, could you try it as well?  Doing this will
> cause each individual session being unloaded or loaded (along with all of the
> attributes) to be dumped to the log files as well.
>
> Craig

The log file was copy/pasted asis.

Here is the relevant section of the server.xml (as checked into Scarab's CVS
tree):

        <Context path="/scarab" docBase="scarab" reloadable="true"
debug="0">
                     prefix="scarab_log." suffix=".txt"
                  timestamp="true"/>
           <Loader checkInterval="3"
                className="org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardLoader"/>
           <Manager debug="99"/>
        </Context>

Maybe the Context debug=0 caused it to not print out the right information?

I was also going to try with the latest nightly of Tomcat, but I want to
confirm that the /lib/ directory is right before I go messing around with my
Scarab CVS tree to do the upgrade (before upgrading was replacing one .jar
file...now it is more work). :-)

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous