Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by Darren Bond <db...@globalcad.com> on 2013/09/17 19:31:11 UTC

Maintaining Gadgets Internal Data State e.g. TODO Gadget

Dear All,

We've been using the OpenSocial Explorer tool to great effect (thanks Ryan!)
to configure Shindig with our environment for UserPrefs, OAuth etc.

Does anyone know of a good coding example relating to the maintaining of
gadgets internal data state e.g. the TODO gadget and the storing of to-do
notes entered by users? Clearly such data needs to be stored and retrieved
between browser sessions just as they do under iGoogle.

Many thanks.

Darren

Re: Maintaining Gadgets Internal Data State e.g. TODO Gadget

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Darren Bond <db...@globalcad.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> We've been using the OpenSocial Explorer tool to great effect (thanks
> Ryan!)
> to configure Shindig with our environment for UserPrefs, OAuth etc.
>

> Does anyone know of a good coding example relating to the maintaining of
> gadgets internal data state e.g. the TODO gadget and the storing of to-do
> notes entered by users? Clearly such data needs to be stored and retrieved
> between browser sessions just as they do under iGoogle.

Depending on how large the notes you are looking to track are, you can
either use a separate service that you call with osapi.http or AppData.
 There are plenty of resources out there for using osapi.appdata, but the
old compliance tests [1] might be of use as an example.

[1]:
https://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/source/browse/compliance/tests/osapi/appdata.xml