Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "liqi11@58ganji.com" <li...@58ganji.com> on 2017/02/27 01:10:08 UTC

some question about storm's acker

hi,
when I learn the acker in storm, I found that the system ticks which indicates an period has gone won't be sent to the acker.
As a result, OOM often occurs.
I wonder whether it is a bug in storm or it is designed for some reason?

Liqi

liqi11@58ganji.com

Re: some question about storm's acker

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
I have seen issues where a topology with no max.spout.pending set, a low heap size, and a really high throughput end up with the acker getting an OOM, but it is a rare situation.

- Bobby

On Monday, February 27, 2017, 9:56:48 PM CST, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:Tick tuple is created in executor and published to receive disruptor queue
directly. So it should not be acknowledged, but tick tuples are not created
very fast rate so acknowledging it does not harm too much.
Acker itself has RotatingMap which gets rid of timed-out pending tuple
trees. So unless message timeout is set to too long, normally pending map
doesn't grow too huge.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2017년 2월 27일 (월) 오후 1:48, liqi11@58ganji.com <li...@58ganji.com>님이 작성: