Posted to users@camel.apache.org by klausb <kl...@hp.com> on 2010/12/23 13:35:13 UTC

Is there a concept for a one-shot message exchange?

Is there a concept (route-element) to create a one-shot message exchange?
That is a route that sends just a single exchange, if the route is started
(typically, when the enclosing OSGi comp starts).

Right now I do this with a timer and a final processing step, that stops the
timer route. This is a bit ugly and I wonder if there are better ways to do
that.

Happy christmas to all of you,
klaus.

Re: Is there a concept for a one-shot message exchange?

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi,

You could also do this with a SimpleScheduledRoutePolicy.
http://camel.apache.org/simplescheduledroutepolicy.html
http://camel.apache.org/simplescheduledroutepolicy.html

You need to control the no of repeat times that is all.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com
http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Re: Is there a concept for a one-shot message exchange?

Posted by Se...@troika.ru.
Hi,

Take a look at dataset component http://camel.apache.org/dataset.html and
SimpleDataSet class, expecially at its "size" property.

Regards,
Sergey

klausb <kl...@hp.com>
23.12.2010 15:35