Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rick Tessner <ri...@dingle.myra.com> on 2001/07/19 23:06:05 UTC

[C2] Bug : Caching with filesystem storing

Hi all,

There is a problem with the Caching using the filesystem.  It
stopped working when the "cache-dir" parameter was added to the
web.xml deployment descriptor.

I have the "cache-directory" parameter set to

  /WEB-INF/work/cache-dir

That directory is being created.  However, the cached items
are being stored under (NOTE: /tmp is the CONTEXT_WORK_DIR
in my configuration, which I believe is the default)

  /WEB-INF/tmp/cache-dir/some-cache-key

and are being locked for under

  /WEB-INF/tmp/same-cache-key-as-above

I've taken a brief lock at it and it seems to be because
their is only a single FilesystemStore() created in
Cocoon.java and that is defining the directory for this
fs store to be based on Constants.CONTEXT_WORK_DIR

I'm not sure how to fix this.  Should a new role be created
in cocoon.roles?

BTW, the Memory caching is working fine.  It's just the fs store
that I'm having issues with.  It's a nice way of building static
content without actually having to build static content.  :)

--
Rick Tessner	rick@myra.com
MYRA Systems Corp. Fone: (250) 381 1335 x125  Phax: (250) 381 1304

"Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
 So make the best of this test and don't ask why.'

AW: [C2] Bug : Caching with filesystem storing

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Ahh, I mean there is the similar bug in the MRUMemoryStore.
I determine there the context path wrong.

But your are right with the actual implementation
of the filesystem store it's always relativ to the work-dir

yes there is an bug. I'm actually fixing it.

Cheers
Gerhard

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Hi,