Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Kumar, Ritesh (GEP, Contractor)" <Ri...@gepex.ge.com> on 2000/08/28 21:27:17 UTC

How to customize the DefaultApplyXSL servlet...

Hi
    I want to make a few modifications in the the DefaultApplyXSL which is
responsible for taking xml and xsl files and converting them into html file,
to suit my needs.Now for the change to get reflected xalan.jar  and/or
xerces.jar will have files will have to be modified.How do I accomplish
that?

Is there a way that I get all the class files in xalan and xerces jar files
including that of DefaultApplyXSL, I change the class file of
DefaultApplyXSL and then make a new jar file. Is this possible?

This servlet DefaultApplyXSL picks up the xml and xsl file from the root
directory of the web server which listens on port 80.Can I change this port
to some other value say 8080(java websevrver)? This is needed when you have
two webserver installed,for example NES(listens on port 80) and Java
webserver (listens on port 8080).Since the NES/NAB doesnot have the
requirements of suport the xalan, you need to run your servlet on
javawebserver, but the files are picked up from the webserver's root
directory.If I want the servlet to pick up the files from the javawebserver
root directory, what shall I do?

Any help in any of these will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ritesh Kumar