Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Zhong Yi <yi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/10 18:55:28 UTC

CVS Maintainance

I have a question about using WinCVS to checkout
maintainance branch, when I use "fop-0_20_5-maintain"
for Checkout Options tab, WinCVS gives me "Protocol
Error: Uncounted data discharded" error message. So I
switch to "fop-0_20_2-maintain" as fop website says.
Is this actually maintainance code for fop-0_20_5?

George

Re: CVS Maintainance

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
It's really "fop-0_20_2-maintain" because 0.20.2 was the FOP version
where the maintenance branch was split from. And it contains the code
for 0.20.5.

Maybe the graphic on the page below will help you understand what's
going on. The red line is the maintenance branch.
http://xml.apache.org/fop/status.html

On 10.05.2003 18:55:28 Zhong Yi wrote:
> I have a question about using WinCVS to checkout
> maintainance branch, when I use "fop-0_20_5-maintain"
> for Checkout Options tab, WinCVS gives me "Protocol
> Error: Uncounted data discharded" error message. So I
> switch to "fop-0_20_2-maintain" as fop website says.
> Is this actually maintainance code for fop-0_20_5?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: CVS Maintainance

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@yahoo.com>.
I had the same problem with retrieving the maintenance
branch (trunk is OK, thankfully)--I believe the
problem resolved itself when I tried on another day.
(Or possibly I may have just given up and downloaded
the source from http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/--I
can't remember!)

IIRC this is a CVS-specific, intermittent bug.
Something to do with the download being too large, I
think.  A google search on "Protocol Error: Uncounted
data discarded" gave several others who have the same
question--but no solutions.

Glen