Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Valerio Ceraudo <va...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/02 03:05:30 UTC

from Arff to Vector

hi all,
i'm at my last step for thesi,covert an arff file in a vector.
I founded this,as like suggested in an old post:
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/creating-vectors-from-wekas-arff-format.html

I did two different attempted:

1) From trunk folder I moved in trunk/utils and then I used mvn install but when
i get the snapshoot and i try to run Driver.class i took this error message:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:org.apache.commons.cli2.OptionException

so i attempted another way:

i looked inside Driver.java to see the imports:

import org.apache.commons.cli2.CommandLine;
import org.apache.commons.cli2.Group;
import org.apache.commons.cli2.Option;
import org.apache.commons.cli2.OptionException;
import org.apache.commons.cli2.builder.ArgumentBuilder;
import org.apache.commons.cli2.builder.DefaultOptionBuilder;
import org.apache.commons.cli2.builder.GroupBuilder;
import org.apache.commons.cli2.commandline.Parser;
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem;
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
import org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritable;
import org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile;
import org.apache.mahout.common.CommandLineUtil;
import org.apache.mahout.math.Vector;
import org.apache.mahout.math.VectorWritable;
import org.apache.mahout.utils.vectors.io.JWriterVectorWriter;
import org.apache.mahout.utils.vectors.io.SequenceFileVectorWriter;
import org.apache.mahout.utils.vectors.io.VectorWriter;
import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

and then to compile it directly,but didn't work.

any suggestion??
any guide on Mahout's vector format so i can try to make from my own a converter?

Re: from Arff to Vector

Posted by Valerio Ceraudo <va...@gmail.com>.
Grant Ingersoll <gsingers <at> apache.org> writes:

> Also note, I would say ARFF to Vector conversion is still experimental.
Please give feedback on it so we can
> improve it.
>
> -Grant
>
> On Sep 2, 2010, at 3:37 AM, Sean Owen wrote:
>
> > When you run, you need all dependent code, not just Mahout. Mahout
> > builds ".job" files under target/ which contain all dependencies. Use
> > this as your JAR file when you run on the command line.

I tried to satisfy all the dependencies(that are a lot,because the first
dependencies call other ones and follow up) but nothing to do. so I think that i
will built my arrfToVector from my own...any suggestion where to found
documentation about the vector format?

thanks a lot.

Re: from Arff to Vector

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Also note, I would say ARFF to Vector conversion is still experimental.  Please give feedback on it so we can improve it.

-Grant

On Sep 2, 2010, at 3:37 AM, Sean Owen wrote:

> When you run, you need all dependent code, not just Mahout. Mahout
> builds ".job" files under target/ which contain all dependencies. Use
> this as your JAR file when you run on the command line.
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Valerio Ceraudo
> <va...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi all,
>> i'm at my last step for thesi,covert an arff file in a vector.
>> I founded this,as like suggested in an old post:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/creating-vectors-from-wekas-arff-format.html
>>
>> I did two different attempted:
>>
>> 1) From trunk folder I moved in trunk/utils and then I used mvn install but when
>> i get the snapshoot and i try to run Driver.class i took this error message:
>>
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:org.apache.commons.cli2.OptionException
>>

>> so i attempted another way:
>>
>> i looked inside Driver.java to see the imports:
>>
>> import org.apache.commons.cli2.CommandLine;
>> import org.apache.commons.cli2.Group;
>> import org.apache.commons.cli2.Option;
>> import org.apache.commons.cli2.OptionException;
>> import org.apache.commons.cli2.builder.ArgumentBuilder;
>> import org.apache.commons.cli2.builder.DefaultOptionBuilder;
>> import org.apache.commons.cli2.builder.GroupBuilder;
>> import org.apache.commons.cli2.commandline.Parser;
>> import org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration;
>> import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem;
>> import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
>> import org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritable;
>> import org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile;
>> import org.apache.mahout.common.CommandLineUtil;
>> import org.apache.mahout.math.Vector;
>> import org.apache.mahout.math.VectorWritable;
>> import org.apache.mahout.utils.vectors.io.JWriterVectorWriter;
>> import org.apache.mahout.utils.vectors.io.SequenceFileVectorWriter;
>> import org.apache.mahout.utils.vectors.io.VectorWriter;
>> import org.slf4j.Logger;
>> import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;
>>
>> and then to compile it directly,but didn't work.
>>
>> any suggestion??
>> any guide on Mahout's vector format so i can try to make from my own a converter?

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucenerevolution.org Apache Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8

Re: from Arff to Vector

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.