Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by oliverpajonk <ol...@pjnk.de> on 2014/10/12 12:31:21 UTC

Re: karaf-assembly and config files

Hi all,

is there any news on this issue? I hit the same problem today and am stuck
with it: I want to use the karaf-assembly packaging to create my
distribution (which works just fine). However, I need to override a file in
the /etc directory (custom logging configuration). I do this by putting it
into src/main/resources/etc, but the karaf-assembly packaging puts *two*
files in the ZIP/TAR.GZ: mine, and the default one.

Regards,
Oliver

Re: karaf-assembly and config files

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks,

let me take a look.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf-assembly and config files

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No worries.

Jamie or I will upload the updated documentation as soon as the release
votes passed.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf-assembly and config files

Posted by Oliver Pajonk <ol...@pjnk.de>.
Hi guys!

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf-assembly and config files

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Oliver,

please take a look on:

I updated an user pom to include filtered resources, and it works fine.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf-assembly and config files

Posted by Oliver Pajonk <ol...@pjnk.de>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Oliver,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf-assembly and config files

Posted by Oliver Pajonk <ol...@pjnk.de>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Olivier,

did you try with 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT (or staging 3.0.2) ?

Regards
JB

On 10/12/2014 12:31 PM, oliverpajonk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there any news on this issue? I hit the same problem today and am stuck
> with it: I want to use the karaf-assembly packaging to create my
> distribution (which works just fine). However, I need to override a file in
> the /etc directory (custom logging configuration). I do this by putting it
> into src/main/resources/etc, but the karaf-assembly packaging puts *two*
> files in the ZIP/TAR.GZ: mine, and the default one.
>
> Regards,
> Oliver

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: karaf-assembly and config files

Posted by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>.
Hi Oliver,

Have a look at a simple example I once created. You can find it at:

    https://github.com/misl/Samples/blob/master/WicketKaraf

To create the assembly it copies (optionally with filtering) files from
src/main/assembly into target/assembly prior to creating the final
ZIP/TAR.GZ archives.

Regards,

Minto

oliverpajonk schreef op 12-10-2014 12:31:
> Hi all,
>
> is there any news on this issue? I hit the same problem today and am stuck
> with it: I want to use the karaf-assembly packaging to create my
> distribution (which works just fine). However, I need to override a file in
> the /etc directory (custom logging configuration). I do this by putting it
> into src/main/resources/etc, but the karaf-assembly packaging puts *two*
> files in the ZIP/TAR.GZ: mine, and the default one.
>
> Regards,
> Oliver

ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis
Software innovator / renovator