Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/06 10:20:02 UTC

going to Maven central

Hi all,
since we are talking about graduation I think that another thing we need to
leverage is the availability of UIMA packages on Maven central.
As far as I know there some constraints we should respect to reach this, for
example being independent from other external repos.
What do you think?
Cheers.
Tommaso

Re: going to Maven central

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Tommaso Teofili
<to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I read that our Apache repo gets synchronized with Central so we hopefully
> only need to deploy it on our repo and it will automatically will get to
> Central.

Yep, you can either use
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/ or the new
Nexus repository server at https://repository.apache.org/. The
repository server is quite handy for Maven-based projects, but
starting to use it requires some work.

> However I don't know if the
>
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/
>
> is considered external or not (it's said to be accepted as synced but if
> everything outside Central is considered external the answer is yes) though
> I wonder if that repo can stay inside the POM.

It's an external repository, but nowadays also incubating projects can
deploy their releases to Maven central, so there shouldn't be much
need to keep using m2-incubating-repository.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: going to Maven central

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
For the common practices to upload an artifact to Maven Central:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html

Re: going to Maven central

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.