Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Xpert Advice <xp...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/23 05:27:36 UTC

[users@httpd] How To Change Server Password and Name

Hi,
I set up my server and it seems to be set up correctly ( thank god).  The problem however is that I would like to get back to the original start up page where I created my password and put in my website address because I need to change it.  I am currently using windows vista.  Any suggestions on how to go about changing password and server name?
 Tianja Samuel-George

Re: [users@httpd] How To Change Server Password and Name

Posted by Raul Santiago <ra...@raulsantiago.net>.
Xpert Advice escribió:
> Hi,
> I set up my server and it seems to be set up correctly ( thank god).
> The problem however is that I would like to get back to the original
> start up page where I created my password and put in my website
> address because I need to change it.  I am currently using windows
> vista.  Any suggestions on how to go about changing password and
> server name?
>
> Tianja Samuel-George

Hello Tianja.
As far as I know, default Apache server distribution has no request for
user/password/email.
You're probably installing a "WAMP" packaged distribution, and many of
them ask for those parameters to setup basically MySQL and some
administration web panels that are not part of standard Apache
distribution. Please, refer to the WAMP manuals, or follow the usual
(windows) method, uninstall and reinstall the package taking care to set
up things properly.

--

Un saludo,
Raul Santiago Gomez