Posted to users@flex.apache.org by tamak <ta...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/07 03:12:08 UTC

How can I have html5 audio continue to play in background in iOS7 from my flex mobile app

I have mobile app I've developed in flash builder 4.6 (flex 4.12 sdk) and I
have a stagewebview component which contains HTML5 audio (mp3 retrieved from
my web server and streamed / played via the app)... I want to have the ios
version of the app CONTINUE to play the mp3 / html5 audio when the user
presses the home button on their iphone or opens another app... so that when
multitasking, my audio continues to play (where theres no other NEW audio
started, for instance).

I have added the following to my manifest but it still doesnt do what Im
after. I used this in another mobile app where I just play audio from the
url directly in flash builder (i.e. NOT via webview component) -- but here
it seems the webview suspends (Im guessing)...

<iPhone>
    <InfoAdditions></InfoAdditions>
    <requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>
</iPhone>

Is there a way around this so my audio continues to play? My test device is
an iphone 4 running the latest version of ios7