Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cendil <ce...@icqmail.com> on 2003/09/09 10:55:48 UTC

Tomcat 5 clustering

I am trying to get clustering working with Tomcat 5 and am finding a few problems.

I have uncommented the cluster section and the recommended valve to filter requests for static content, so the cluster section in the host
section of server.xml looks like this:

<Cluster  className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
                  name="TestCluster"
                  debug="10"
                  serviceclass="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                  mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
                  mcastPort="45564"
                  mcastFrequency="500"
                  mcastDropTime="3000"
                  tcpThreadCount="2"
                  tcpListenAddress="auto"
                  tcpListenPort="4001"
                  tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                  printToScreen="false"
                  expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                  useDirtyFlag="true"
                  replicationMode="synchronous"
        />

And I have changed the listen port in the second member to be 4002. On start-up, the following INFOs appear in catalina.out:

[InMemoryReplicationManager] Starting clustering manager...:/reptest
[InMemoryReplicationManager] Starting... no cluster associated with this context:/reptest

I am testing using the SessionExample servlet that ships with tomcat. Both members join the cluster and data is replicated. However, when
data is received, the following WARNING is logged in the receiving cluster member and the session is not replicated properly:

org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster messageDataReceived
WARNING: Context manager doesn't exist:/reptest

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Regards,
Cendil