Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Johnson, Nathan E" <n....@Vanderbilt.Edu> on 2010/03/05 19:00:14 UTC

workaround for axis bug 3843

I am trying to figure out what other people are doing to work around
bug 3843, which as far as I can tell from jira, is not yet fixed in
any released version (please correct me if I'm wrong about this)

What we need:

We need to be able to have apache httpd sitting in front of jboss / tomcat
using mod_proxy_ajp, apache httpd handling ssl for encryption, one way
auth only.  The published wsdl needs to point to the appropriate SOAP
endpoint, i.e. https://example.com/services/MyService?wsdl .
httpFrontendHostUrl in the axis2.xml appears to be the way that would
be specified, but it does not work with axis2 v1.4 as outlined in bug
3843.  We are working with 1.4 since this integrates with Eclipse,
so is there an appropriate workaround for this, other than modifying
the wsdl by hand and hosting that at a different location?

Also, for what it's worth, i've attempted to build revision 778060
from subversion, but I can't all of the tests to pass, so I am not
sure that this will be a viable option either.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan