Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rich Adili <Ri...@xata.com> on 2007/03/09 04:43:30 UTC

Newbie Question re: Axis2 1.1.1

		OK, I'm a first-timer at Web Services, so be gentle,
please.

		I'm exporting a function like String HelloWorld (int
whatever, Date whenever);
		Seems like my user needs to do something like:

		Service1Stub client = new Service1Stub(ctx,
"http://whereever");
		HelloWord hw = new HelloWorld(123, new Date());
		Result = client.HelloWorld(hw).getHelloWorldResult();

		Is it not possible to get Axis2 to do all that busy work
of marshalling and un-marshalling? Or am I being a dope and overlooking
something?

		Thanks,
		Rich

Re: Newbie Question re: Axis2 1.1.1

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rich,

Looks like you have code generated the stub. You can use the -uw option when
generating code so that it unwraps  the objects. But axis2 1.1.1 does not
unrap the response it only unwraps the request. The current code base
support unwrapping of both request and response). I guess the -uw option is
what your looking for.

Thanks,
keith.

--