Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/07/19 23:36:07 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxing through apache where backend server users cookie authentication

At 12:58 PM 7/19/2005, Peter.Link@RegalBeloit.com wrote:

>This patch was developed by Brett Beaumont, and can be found here:
>http://www.issociate.de/board/post/102303/mod_proxy_and_authentication_cookies.html
>
>This patch would seemingly need to be incorporated by the Apache development team, and that is apparently what Brett wanted to do, but obviously it didn't get there. Maybe this forum will help in that effort.

The problem is that Brett must submit any patch himself; we can't
take patches from anywhere but the bugzilla (issues.apache.org) or
mailing list (dev@httpd) and from noone but the original author.

If he's submitted it to bugzilla or dev@httpd, I'd appreciate the
bug no or message id, I'm fighting with similar cookie issues
over in mod_aspdotnet.

Bill

RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxing through apache where backend server users cookie authentication

Posted by Pe...@RegalBeloit.com.
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote on 07/19/2005 04:36:07
PM:

> At 12:58 PM 7/19/2005, Peter.Link@RegalBeloit.com wrote:
>
> >This patch was developed by Brett Beaumont, and can be found here:
> >http://www.issociate.
> de/board/post/102303/mod_proxy_and_authentication_cookies.html
> >
> >This patch would seemingly need to be incorporated by the Apache
> development team, and that is apparently what Brett wanted to do,
> but obviously it didn't get there. Maybe this forum will help in that
effort.

> The problem is that Brett must submit any patch himself; we can't
> take patches from anywhere but the bugzilla (issues.apache.org) or
> mailing list (dev@httpd) and from noone but the original author.
>
> If he's submitted it to bugzilla or dev@httpd, I'd appreciate the
> bug no or message id, I'm fighting with similar cookie issues
> over in mod_aspdotnet.

Unfortunately I do not have any of this information.

I did spend alot of time trying to trouble-shoot this. I assumed all along
that there was a problem with the pubcookie software, but that turned out
to be false. I put debug stuff in the pubcookie code, plus some in the
apache code, to verify the creation and disappearance of the session
cookies. I googled and eventually found and applied Brett's patch.

Suggestions?

> Bill

RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxing through apache where backend server users cookie authentication

Posted by Pe...@RegalBeloit.com.
Peter Link

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote on 07/19/2005 04:36:07
PM:

> At 12:58 PM 7/19/2005, Peter.Link@RegalBeloit.com wrote:
>
> >This patch was developed by Brett Beaumont, and can be found here:
> >http://www.issociate.
> de/board/post/102303/mod_proxy_and_authentication_cookies.html
> >
> >This patch would seemingly need to be incorporated by the Apache
> development team, and that is apparently what Brett wanted to do,
> but obviously it didn't get there. Maybe this forum will help in that
effort.

> The problem is that Brett must submit any patch himself; we can't
> take patches from anywhere but the bugzilla (issues.apache.org) or
> mailing list (dev@httpd) and from noone but the original author.
>
> If he's submitted it to bugzilla or dev@httpd, I'd appreciate the
> bug no or message id, I'm fighting with similar cookie issues
> over in mod_aspdotnet.

Hello (again),

I found the bug, it was referenced in Bug 35782:
http://www.mailarchives.org/list/apache-modproxy-dev/msg/2004/00094

There is also

Regards,

Peter Link