Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rida Ligurs <RL...@webplan.com> on 2001/10/23 18:43:22 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.1 Final and Xerces Parser

Hi there,

I just upgraded to Tomcat 4.0.1 Final and I am getting a NoSuchMethod
exception when my servlet attempts to use xerces.

The servlet was originally running with Tomcat 3.2.1 and it used xerces.jar
1.3.0 that was in my webapps WEB-INF\lib directory.

Now I've copied my whole webapps directory to Tomcat 4.0 (including xerces
1.3.0) and I'm getting a NoSuchMethod exception when my servlet attempts to
use the DOM.

It looks like the class loader isn't using the xerces in my WEB-INF
directory, it's picking up something that isn't a DOM Level 2
implementation.

Any idea what's going on here?

TIA,

Rida