Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andy Buchanan <An...@artworks.co.uk> on 2003/08/11 16:43:50 UTC

Python Bindings under Windows

Has anyone here managed to build swing for python and the svn bindings under
Windows?

I haven't have any luck so far (I tried DevStudio and Cygwin options), and
reading the multifarious

docs/web posts just confused the heck out of me - I've never used swig
before, on any platform,

and idiots guide would have been helpful.

Is there a step by step guide (that works) somewhere?

Cheers,.

Andy

P.S. I only want to get viewcvs running - and no, I can't just change to
linux :-)

Re: Python Bindings under Windows

Posted by Russell Yanofsky <re...@columbia.edu>.
Andy Buchanan wrote:
> Has anyone here managed to build swing for python and the
> svn bindings under Windows?
>
> I haven't have any luck so far (I tried DevStudio and Cygwin
> options), and reading the multifarious
> docs/web posts just confused the heck out of me - I've never
> used swig before, on any platform,
> and idiots guide would have been helpful.
>
> Is there a step by step guide (that works) somewhere?

I just updated the windows instructions. Go here to see them:

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/INSTALL

- Russ