Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Patty Block <pb...@blockconsulting.net> on 2014/04/22 16:27:33 UTC

OpenOffice 4.0.1 crashing and can't recover files

Hello,

I am disgusted with how OpenOffice 4.0.1 continues to crash and will not recover a certain document. I have tried recover a certain file four times.

But after each supposed sucessful recovery OpenOffice hangs ("Not Responding") and then I am unable to open the .odt file.

I uninstalled both OpenOffice and Java and shut down PC , restarted and installed both apps  PC but nothing works.

Please advise, thanks!

Patty

Patty Block
Principal,  Block Consulting
Marketing, PR & Business Development Agency
M 415-294-0821
W 716-768-4916
pblock@blockconsulting.net
www.blockconsulting.net

Re: OpenOffice 4.0.1 crashing and can't recover files

Posted by Patty Block <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hello, I am using windows 8 on brand new Hp Envy touchsmart 15 laptop. I
have appt I need to leave for now but will be back at 1 pm ET. I am hoping
desparately you can help me revcover the proposal I spent hours writing and
now cannot open, Thanks!!

Patty Block
m 415-294-0821
h 716-768-4916