Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by jayanta sahoo <js...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/14 14:22:29 UTC

Casesensitive search problem

HI
Whenever I am searching with the words "OfficeJet" or "officejet" or
"Officejet" or "oFiiIcejET". I am getting the different results for each
search respectively. I am not able to understand why this is happening?
   I want to solve this problem such a way that search will become case
insensitive and I will get same result for any combination of capital and
small letters.
Please let me know How i will solve this problem

--
Jayanta Sahoo

Re: Casesensitive search problem

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
If you're using the example schema, your problem is
probably WordDelimiterFilterFactory, which splits
the input into separate tokens if the case changes.

See admin/analysis for a great way to see what
your analysis chain does at every step. Click the
"verbose" mode...

Best
Erick

Posted by Pradeep Pujari <Pr...@rocketmail.com>.
you need to use LowercaseFilterFactory at index and query time in schema.xml

Pradeep