Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> on 2011/06/02 07:00:46 UTC

Re: ConsistencyLevel and write availability

It depends on which nodes are down and which keys you are writing.

e.g. Using a the SimplePlacementStrategy, with the nodes ordered 0 to 9 and CL ALL. If nodes 8 and 9 are down, the cluster will still be up for all key ranges assigned to nodes 0, 1, 2 and 3 and the replicas for those ranges are stored on nodes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Token ranges assigned to nodes 4,5,6,7,8,9 will not available at CL all as nodes 8 and 9 are part of the replica sets for those ranges.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton