Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <ow...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/08/23 23:44:56 UTC

Release updates for 0.20.204.0

Hi all,
  If you've been watching the development lists, you've seen that we've been converging on a 0.20.204.0 release. Allen Wittenauer tested the previous release candidate (Thanks, Allen!) and discovered that there is a race condition when it is run without security enabled. I'm tracking down the race condition and hope to get it in the next day or so. As soon as I have a fix for this issue, I'll start a new vote for 204.

  In terms of moving the 0.20.2xx line forward, I'd like to propose Matt Foley as the release manager. He's a committer and I think he will do a great job of managing the 2xx releases.

-- Owen